The "Team"

The "Team"
Haley, Marcy, Steve, John and Brandt

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's the Doughboy!



Good evening fellow idiots, idiot wannabe's and gawkers.
My story is a pretty simple one. I grew up as a very coordinated kid, so I was always good at whatever sport I tried. I never swam as a kid, I never ran as a kid, unless it was a punishment. Of course I rode my orange bike with the big banana seat....because I was a kid.
6 years ago, Marcy gets the triathlon bug. I got it quickly too, but I was far too out of shape to even consider it. 4 years ago we moved to Texas, and that started my desire to really participate. After losing weight and training, and training, I did my first race. I was hooked. I trained my way into a decent level of fitness, and started to really enjoy swimming biking and running. After an unfulfilled attempt at IMAZ 08, due to too many flats before special needs, where I had more tubes!!!, i've had a hard time staying focused on the long term goals.
IMTX gives me a very visible, very challenging yet attainable goal to focus on.
I can do this again!
I will do this again!
I look forward to the journey!
I crave the structure that Ironman training presents. Sleep, eat, work, train. Rinse, repeat.
This group of idiots and great friends, some broken, some round, some rusty, will lean on each other to get there, and get thru the lows, and enjoy the highs along the way.
Join us.....Its almost guaranteed you'll laugh at some point. If you don't, you're obviously taking this a lot more seriously than we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment