The "Team"

The "Team"
Haley, Marcy, Steve, John and Brandt

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Not even a broken leg can keep me down



First off, I need to thank Ms. Haley Siggers for coming up with our team name!

At this point in my life, today, June 29, 2010, the thought of being able to complete an Ironman is insane. You see, 4 weeks ago, during the Honey Tour as I was going around a corner, my bike hit a patch of gravel and down I went. While the bike was just fine, my fibula did not fare as well. It was, at least, a clean break so no surgery needed, just a slower than I want recovery process.

So, 4 weeks later I am still sporting a very attractive orthopedic boot. I have, at least, been cleared to swim and ride (on a trainer), so that is where I will start. Hopefully in about a month I can start with the elliptical trainer and then slowly build back up to running.

Deciding to sign up for this race was not a slam dunk for me. I have been down the IM road before and DNF'd before even seeing the inside of the change tent. The thing about IMTX though, is that the course works with my weaknesses, so I owe it to myself to try again.

The thing I am looking forward to most though is completing this journey with 3 of my closest friends and the worlds greatest husband.

Train on!

Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment