The "Team"

The "Team"
Haley, Marcy, Steve, John and Brandt

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My First Idiotic Post - The Slogger is a Blogger


Good morning all. This is Brandt. I don't think we have any specific "idiot monikers" just yet, so for now, I'll introduce myself as....well, myself.

I am excited about the journey ahead. I couldn't ask for a better group of dysfunctional misfits to share the IMTX road with. :) In fact, come to think of it, three of us are already Fighting Texas Aggies...I think we may need to declare Steve & Marcy as honorary Aggies. What could be a more appropriate Aggie joke than the five of us marching forth towards an Ironman?

To be fair, we are all triathletes already, and between us we have covered all distances from mini-sprints to full ironman. The problem is, each of us is currently at some level of chaos/disturbia at this point in our triathlon "careers." There are those of us who are nursing legitimate debilitating injuries (cue the ladies) and there are others of us who have been nursing too much chicken fried steak and cheetos as of late (sheepishly raises his own hand).

Nonetheless, we are all passionate about the sport, and especially about an Ironman finally coming to our own backyard. It's going to be a wild ride.

For my first "successes" post, I will share that I finally started running again last night, although I use the term loosely. It was actually more like "slogging." The good news is, sloggers become joggers, and joggers become runners. One step at a time.....

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Good luck guys! I am excited to follow your blog as you train for this IM!

    ReplyDelete