The "Team"

The "Team"
Haley, Marcy, Steve, John and Brandt

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

CrossFit training plan begins


So I, Haley, will be starting my 'training' today with my CrossFit plan. I'll be joining a new CrossFit gym about a mile from my house (hopefully one day I can ride my bike or *gasp* run there) today. I'm going in for my assessment to see what I am able to do. The coach is one that I worked with before at my old gym, who started her own gym while I was in Iraq. Thankfully, she has military experiencee and is excited to help me in any way she can. So, she will design some workouts that I can do with my gimp leg. I'll be doing modified workouts and mostly upper body exercises until I'm cleared for full workouts.


Also this week I will be starting physical therapy. It'll be an aggressive regimen of 2-3 times a week for about a month, then tapering off as I show strength gains. Right now the concern is muscle imbalance due to 3 months of being on crutches. I also have some painful spasms in my groin from the muscles being "upset" with the femur break (per the Dr.).


I've been swimming still; not as much as I like as I was busy and sick for part of the weekend. I also am finding joy in harassing Marcy to get to the pool or ride her bike. I don't know why she's putting this off. My teammates need to get to that starting line, we're in this together!


I am excited to get back to it!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the harassment. The pool and I have a date tonight...PROMISE!

    ReplyDelete